Tried this yesterday and guests enjoyed it – all in one dish = less washing up!
- 500g/1lb 2oz new potatoes, such as Charlotte
- 1-2 tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 skinless and boneless chicken thighs (approximately 500g/1lb 2oz)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- pinch ground cinnamon (optional)
- handful fresh thyme
- 115g/4oz piece dried chorizo sausage
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- handful flat leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7. Halve or quarter the potatoes, depending on their size (to produce evenly sized chunks). Place in a large non-stick roasting tin. Toss with two tablespoons of the oil and season to taste with salt and pepper, then put into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Cut the chicken thighs in half, add the smoked paprika and cinnamon, if using. Scatter with half the thyme leaves, season with salt and pepper, stir through and set aside.
- Make a nick in the skin of the chorizo then, peel away the papery skin. Cut the sausage into chunks or rounds.
- When the potatoes have had 15 minutes roasting, give them a stir, then nestle the chicken and tomatoes into the pan. Scatter with the chorizo, garlic and the remaining thyme leaves, then season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the remaining oil all over, and return to the oven to roast for 20 minutes more, stirring half-way, until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes and tomatoes are turning golden brown and crisp at the edges
- Scatter the dish with a handful roughly chopped parsley, and serve.