1 tbsp olive oil
1 shallot, sliced
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 large beetroot, grated
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
pinch of sugar
200ml/7fl oz beef stock
chives, chopped to garnish
This is a Dig In recipe.
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the shallot and garlic until soft.
2. Add the beetroot and red wine vinegar and cook to reduce the liquid.
3. Add the sugar and cook for one minute.
4. Add the beef stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Transfer the soup into a serving bowl, and serve with a spoon of Greek yoghurt and chopped chives.