Beetroot and Feta Salad
- 6 small Beetroot, raw, unpeeled
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil, 3 tbsp for the dressing
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1 Red Onion, very finely sliced
- 50g Rocket
- 100g Feta Cheese, cubed
- 1 handful Mint Leaves, torn, to garnish
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar, (for dressing)
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard, (for dressing)
- 1 tsp Honey, clear (for dressing)
You can cook the beetroot and make the dressing up to 3 days in advance. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6). Place the beetroot in a roasting tin. Pour a little water around them, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper, then cover tightly with foil and roast for 1–11/4 hours, or until tender.
- Remove the beetroot from the oven and allow to cool. Peel and cut into large cubes.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Put the beetroot and onion in a bowl and toss them in the dressing, then scatter the rocket over them. Top with feta cubes, garnish with mint, and serve.
One thought on “Beetroot and Feta Salad”
Love beet salad and the photo makes you want to grab a fork.