back to social media…..
Lent moves into Holy Week and now on Holy Saturday I turn myself to some words for our Vigil this evening. This morning in St Georges Chapel I was again full of gratitude for this bit of sacred space – and especially its tomb like quality in the early morning light.
Some of my friends have been kind enough to say that they have missed me on FB – others with eagle eyes have spotted the occasional visit – to pick up messages and respond to requests. So I wonder what forty days absence means – if anything!
Here are some random thoughts:
1. I have saved time, and enjoyed a little more space, and realized that FB can so easily become a bored distraction from other more interesting matters.
2. I am not sure what constitutes interesting, amusing or informative and have certainly not contribute to wisdom in understanding the hows and whys of communication.
3. I am sure that very often I am talking to myself and convincing myself of what a fascinating life I have!
4. I have enjoyed ringing people up , sending cards or even making a bit more time to see people.
5. I have missed the pictures, the jokes, the surprises that come from what other people do and feel!
6. I have missed my blogging and gathering and sharing of odd ends of poetry, books and glimpses of shards of wisdom.
7. I have missed my little typed conversations with people at other ends of the country.
Worthwhile and fruitful – indeed – but now back with the shortcut in my favourite page and ( be warned ) a twitter account and about to launch my overhauled website …… but first a holiday away from any of it! But after Easter Day (of course!!)